View Single Post
Old 16 May 2023, 15:55 (Ref:4156431)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
This is not something that I have panned out to the last detail, but surely the time has come with Monaco to think outside the box and do something different?
with so many races on the calendar, i am all for using different formats for different venues. sometimes it will work, sometimes it wont but no way of knowing unless they try right?

no doubt an unpopular opinion tho, and i do get it that there is an inherent logic in sport that every match as it were should adhere to the same format but in fairness, Monaco has traditionally always been, in the past at least, a bit of a format outlier with practice on Thursdays, a day off, and then the regular Sat and Sun sessions.

it was a 4 day meet rather then a three day meet...in a way, the tradition of breaking away from tradition can be viewed as a very 'Monaco' notion so i would have no problem extending that philosophy here. more so if it can lead back to relevancy for the Monaco GP.