Thread: LM24 Radio Le Mans
View Single Post
Old 14 Jun 2013, 21:09 (Ref:3262818)   #64
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I know it is a necessary evil but if I listen to RLM for too long I get frustrated with the constantly repeated ads.

I tend to watch and listen to the race then catch up with the RLM updates for short periods
It's an interesting one about advertising. I think we all appreciate that they've got to pay the bills, and that Le Mans is presumably a big pay day for them that makes it possible to do Midweek Motorsport and coverage of things like the ELMLS, but sometimes it works (the "fun facts about Gulf Oil" from a few years back worked well), and sometime it grates a little more, when the content provided is a little more like what I associate with 1980s local cinema ads for a local carpet shop, or the magnificent Rainham Sheds).

When at the track the adverts bother a lot less, largely I think because ultimately it's a minor backing soundtrack to something a lot more spectacular.