View Single Post
Old 11 Jun 2003, 09:53 (Ref:628016)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You're taling a very long time ago Hammerwerfer - I assume you're referring to Le Monstre? A lot of the cars that raced in the early days of Le Mans could hardly be called out and out sports cars. Besides, this is 2003, not the 20's-30's. I praised the ACO heartily in 1993 when (after the entry debacle of 1992) they widened the scope to include GTs. It had to be done to save the 24 Hours (and sports car racing in general). But, in my heart, what I want to see at Le Mans is prototypes - yes, I loved the GT1 style cars, but it's the prototypes that bring people to Le Mans - big banger sportscars. Just look back to the Classic last September at the crowd which surrounded the Rahal/Redman 917 wheneve it got the chance. I'd willingly sacrifice 911's in the GT class for a few more LMPs.

Again, I stress the fact that its my opinion. It bothers me not a jot if you all disagree.