View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 2023, 20:04 (Ref:4139764)   #6
jrc3
Rookie

jrc3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VIR

Brandon asked me to reply about pictures at VIR I have 2 Nikons on is a D5300 and a D7200 I use 2 lenses. the primary is an 18-300 mm which I use in turn 3 and 4 and going into the pits and general walking around. the other is a 200-500mm I use for cars in the merry go round. the major problem is the fencing forget about going into turn 1 and 2 you are below the track and really can't see anything.
The best place to watch in my opinion is turn 3 4 I sit there most of the time.
Oak tree has fencing around it so I don't take pictures there and always have lines in it

Other thing as Brandon mentioned is stay in South or Danville, I like Danville over mSouth Boston more places to stay and eat. I also suggest that you make your reservation now. The hotels fill up quickly.
I also recommend / suggest bring summer clothes since it is usually very hot a chair to sit in suntan lotion since you will be sitting most likely in the sun
As for track food I bring mine in for the day(s) recently the food service has been terrible and have complained to the owner numerous times
Any way I will be at VIR this yr and hopefully many years to come it's my home track
I hope this helps