Thread: MotoGP 2023
View Single Post
Old 7 Sep 2023, 20:07 (Ref:4175598)   #88
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Updating my "maniac" calculations after Catalunya.

I try to watch every practice, qualy and race in the 3 cats (even qualy and races of Moto E!) . With so many things to watch , I usually end watching the races on Wednesday! That the reason I can not enter here until late in the week. I watch everything delayed, I prefer to be able to pause or replay the video as I want.

Code:
Moto 3
    Gap  LRG      
HOL   0       contender
SAS  13   4.3 contender
MAS  32  10.7 contender?
ONC  33  11.0 contender?
ORT  37  12.3 contender?
ALO  46  15.3 alive
MOR  67  22.3 alive
RUE  80  26.7 out       

Moto 2  
    Gap  LRG     
ACO   0   0    contender
ARB  22   7.3  contender
DIX  44  14.7  alive
CAN  70  23.3  alive
LOP  86  28.7  out

MotoGP
     Gap  LRG
BAG    0   0   contender
JMAR  50  15.7 alive
BEZ   71  22.3 alive
BIN   94  29.5 out
Just a few notes:

Moto3: Masia, Oncu and Ortola theoretically can become full-fledged contenders if they are a in front of Holgado in the next race. Moreira will be "probabilistically" out if he is behind Holgado.

Moto2: Arbolino could lose his position as contender if he loses more than 7 points to Acosta in the next race. Canet will be out if he is behind Acosta in the next race.

MotoGP: A priori, nobody is a true contender against Pecco but the current situation could change this... Bezzechi risks being out if he lost 9 points to Bagnaia in the next weekend... but who knows if it is even possible.

("Contender" would be someone with >10% of chance to overtake the leader in points.
"Out" would be someone with <1% of chance to overtake the leader in points. Always in approximate terms.)