View Single Post
Old 29 Jun 2021, 23:16 (Ref:4058944)   #199
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Do you think Toyota’s tank is too small to allow them to run their full energy allocation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
I think that opposite to what you write, toyota can't reach maximum energy allocated in their stint, otherwise would had been penalized
Just for clarity, I’m not saying they run to exactly the maximum. Obviously that would be quite a coincidence if a whole number of laps in a stint did exactly this.
Quote:
and as long they can get close to the energy limit, their stint lenght is however mainly given by the autonomy given by their fuel tank size.
Obviously fuel useage and energy used is related by efficiency of the car and that can change with they way it’s driven.

Is that where the misunderstanding is here?

But fundamentally you are saying that the fuel tank size limits it. But they are using close to the energy limit.
So if they had a bigger tank, they would change the effeciency (driving style, deployment?) to be able to run bigger. Is that it?

Either way my point is that it is reasonable to expect Toyota to have crunched these numbers correctly and also to have built in a little wiggle room.

Whether I am a Toyota engineer (I am not), or I know people in the team is irrelevant.

And when you say case closed or class dismissed that, in a way, is saying that to those Toyota engineers who designed the car. Effectively it is saying they did it wrong!

I hope you have seen that I am trying to change the style of this discussion. But on that last point, I think that shows a certain arrogance.

And on that point please see my smilies, I mean no malice

To sum up. And in case I’ve written too many words and some of these are poorly expressed and open to misinterpretation:

My only real point is that I think it is reasonable to assume that Toyota have built a car that allows them to run to the rules. I think that they have done this and the tank size is suitable.

You think they haven’t done this and could have/should have built a car with a bigger tank.

That’s it. No biggy.

Last edited by Adam43; 30 Jun 2021 at 00:19.