View Single Post
Old 17 Jan 2015, 00:30 (Ref:3493460)   #46
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post
Not sure really; but I would charge what the market demanded. If you want someone to drive your car, and if there is a number of available options, then price accordingly.
I know what the best offer we got for a ST a few months ago was, and it was a very good price. Unfortunately I cannot say what that was. We also were offered a TLX and the price was slightly less. I do know in the heyday of the TL's that the lease cost was making someone some good coin as $30K a round was to me; just not justifiable.
But like we have been saying about budgets; any amount can be justified as long as someone is willing to pay.
There are not as many of those people in any forms of our sport nowdays
I'll rephrase my question because what we are trying establish is what constitutes a realistic running budget, not what an individual is or isn't prepared to tip in.

What would you charge per round to ensure you kept 'your pants on' (I.e break even) at the end of the deal?

You see, the trouble right at the moment is that you're coming across as a fella with a tenuous grasp of financial reality.
And I didn't think you were.