View Single Post
Old 21 Sep 2007, 16:10 (Ref:2019804)   #13
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
The ACO want to increase the LMP2 weight - why? everyone loves watching the little cars beating up on the big un's

GT rules look ropey too - why change GT2 - it seems to work just fine, as does GT3, but they want to meddle. (Forget GT1 - lame duck class),What are others opinions on the new rules and has the ACO lost the plot?
No the proposed direction that the ACO is going with their rules is just fine IMO. They seem to be addressing the rules to reflect the 4 class set that they have in place at the moment. My largest concern and hope now is that they give P-1 petrol cars some leeway to catch the diesels. What I think I see and hear is some people who do not like the 4 class set and want just 1 class of proto's with varying rules to acheive the same end (been there done that) and think that GT racing is an afterthought. I also think that there will be a sloughing off of GT-1 with it being replaced by GT-2 and GT-3 moving up with the adjustments necessary to keep performance in a range that is suitable for all 4 classes running together. But all just in my opinion of course!

L.P.