Thread: Chevron B17
View Single Post
Old 10 Mar 2008, 17:44 (Ref:2148515)   #24
RJ Nelkin
Rookie

United States
Sevierville, tennessee USA
RJ Nelkin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The b-17 was my 1st racecar.....However I did race a JagXK-120m in Historic racing...that's what hooked me. The Crawley b-29 is a great story: I sold it to a guy named Rick Wellner..he hade never been in a racecar before. We were at Summit Point testing the first day Wellner got in the car. We told him to take it easy. The left the pits and went tearing down the front straight and went right off the track..never made the first turn. His guys got the car back to the pits and straightened it out. The left the pits again..flying down the track..never made the first turn again and totaled the car..never made a turn much less a lap. My other Chevron was from Opert "the Tom Bagley car" it was a good car..originally Bagley oil yellow but we had Opert get us new body work in our Nelkin Racing Green and we raced it the first time at St. Joviet. All are Marches were new from Doug Shierson. Another B-29: Bill Bracks car was sold to my friend Brad Abbott...Fred delivered it to him at the track "race ready" Ha! Fred had it out behind his truck trailer covered with a tarp...when we helped Brad get it we took the tarp off and it looked like a racehorse that had been run HARD and put up WET....very WET...It looked almost like a heap of parts....raceready fred. RJ Nelkin Mulefarm6@msn.com