View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2020, 05:14 (Ref:3969047)   #34
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
All the above were done without F1 technology and a lot of it many years before F1 even got serious with the stupid aero the series not allows and uses. CD figures used to be quoted in car road tests in the 1960's to prove that the OEM engineers were involved in serious aero study on road cars.
Yes, developments in aero have always been on road cars, regardless of F1.

I never said those features are on the cars because of F1. I said that knowledge gained in F1 may have contributed to the development of the solutions we see on cars today.

This was in response to a post that talked about features on F1 cars being seen on road cars.

Have road cars developed aerodynamic features? Yes.
Did all of these come from F1? No.
Did some of these come from F1? Possibly.
Has knowledge gained through F1 contributed to aero on cars today? Yes.