View Single Post
Old 26 Aug 2020, 06:49 (Ref:3997991)   #62
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i get it now, thanks. obviously people think there’s a good reason to moan about it, but based on what you’ve just posted it looks like they’ve just made good use of a simple front end?
Having brake cooling ducts towards the extremities of the car seems to be a philosophy that Dynamics have adopted from 2017.
From 2012 to 2016, the FK2 front end had all air routed from more centrally:

In 2017, new apertures appeared towards the outer edge, and were also seen on the BTC cars:

Dynamics have continued this on the FK8, and still run their FK2s with the same setup in TCT.

The cars which were run by Eurotech never adopted this change, and retained the original front bumper setup. This is still present on the MB cars in 2020:

From what I can tell, the only other car on the grid that has adopted this option for airflow is the Hyundai. Which makes me wonder if Dynamics should be looking at different ways to manage the air at the front end - or will this have other impacts such as their setup for brakes etc. that means they have to stick to this approach?