View Single Post
Old 18 Sep 2020, 20:54 (Ref:4003667)   #91
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...cal-challenge/

Somehow these two points don't seem to match to me

“Our history is made around motorsport… In this scope I cannot write the chapter the story of this brand without being in the most demanding [platform]. It was part of the evaluations we were studying but at one point of time I asked Olivier [Jansonnie] and Jean-Marc [Finot], ‘Hey guys, what is the most demanding one and what do you think in terms of technological challenge?’

-- “The concept of the LMH regulations are very different from what we’ve seen before with LMP1 and LMP2 because of the BoP, for sure. Also because it gives an incredible amount of freedom in the design by letting the engineers design the car with almost [complete] freedom."

If you have "almost complete freedom" to design whatever you want, and such is controlled entirely by bop, how is that the most technical challenge and most demanding platform possible. I mean, in comparison to spec LMDh it might be (at least that can be seen as positive, that this car is not just rebranded Oreca), but you know... the hydrogen regulation is supposedly coming out only 1,5-2 years later after the launch of the Peugeot LMH still http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/09/18/277810.html

Also announced were the additions to the H24 programme of new partners Richard Mille and French automotive supplier Plastic Omnium, which is to provide the fuel tanks for the 2024 hydrogen category, the lightweight composite tanks capable of containing Hydrogen at 700 bar with advanced impact resistance qualities.

(referring to it as 'hydrogen category' is interesting I guess)

Last edited by Deleted; 18 Sep 2020 at 21:02.