View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 2022, 19:38 (Ref:4096900)   #812
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Okay ..... probably not going to be the most popular post on here ..... but here goes!

I have followed IMSA from afar for a while - even contemplated going to Daytona in Jan 2019 but for various reasons unfortunately didn't make it.
Watched probably around 13 hours of this years race live and thoroughly enjoyed it ....... when they were actually racing! And there is my problem!
There was some great on track battles this year with, on the whole, some pretty good, clean fights. Even the last 20 minutes with Vanthoor and Jaminet were, for me, completely acceptable - two of the best GT racers going hard at it for one of the biggest prizes on the circuit - no issues with that at all. Kev Mag's hard but fair passes and defence were fine by me too - these guys are 'racers' - let them race and race hard!

But ..... and it's a really big but ....... for those guys on here who complain about the SRO safety car procedure and the time it takes and the rules that they use, just take a good look at the amount of time that this race spent behind the SC.
The last caution too around 30 minutes to sort out for one stopped car out on track! Really! Come on ..... just sort out the issue and let them race!
I know that the IMSA system produces close racing but the teams and drivers proved over the Sunday morning that they really don't need any help - if they are good enough then they will be there at the end come what may.

For me, great race almost ruined by artificial SC/Yellow flag rules!
Many thanks to the teams and drivers that kept my interest going throughout, despite IMSA's best efforts ........

I'll leave the room now!