View Single Post
Old 22 Feb 2022, 18:49 (Ref:4099777)   #819
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Second Daytona album: https://bit.ly/3sWRHIS

Night time and early morning, again pretty much one full circuit of all the viewing spots. Daytona is just awesome at night. My thanks to the friendly RV owners who allowed (in one case invited) me to spend generous time atop their viewing platforms!

Dawn wasn't quite the incredible display of 2020, but the early morning light and shadows were still glorious. Once the sun was up I stopped taking pictures and just sat for 4 or 5 wonderful hours high in the grandstand just taking it all in.

I did get pictures of the finish and the celebrations, but I missed the winner crossing the line! Watching Castroneves for the final stint was deeply impressive. He was visibly the fastest on track and was flawless for lap after lap, an absolute masterclass.

I loved being back at Daytona after missing 2021. I'll be there every year I'm fit and able and it's physically possible to get there, it's an awesome event. I hope you enjoy these photos .
Thanks for sharing these. The night shots from the infield are great, so much traffic, and so many strategies of extra illumination on the cars. Also the videos from high in the grandstands where you can see the oval and infield are great, gives a perspective of how large the facility is!