View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 2022, 17:17 (Ref:4122560)   #201
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw the peter windsor video, and thought the concept of a 'handshake' as a multi-million pound agreement a bit naive.

But there are some common good business principals that apply to all business including F1.

Oscar knew what Alpine had invested in him in terms of time/money/resource, so contract or not, good business practice would be to talk to the team to say 'I'm not happy with the Williams deal, Mclaren look like a better offer, I'd like to go for it'

Alpine knew they had a junior eager driver, that from his point of view they thought he was going to Williams, the Alonso situation changed, which changed the position of Oscar for Alpine, before issuing a press release, perhaps talk to your team member, find out his thoughts, get a common view point and message before issuing a press release blindly - it's just immature from Alpine

Alonso was in the middle of negotiations, if one of you wants to end negotiations you say 'it's over' - Alpine clearly thought they where still haggling

easy to say all this with zero fact and just gossip but it feels there is a huge lack of professionalism on all sides going on with what should be a a well practiced operation