View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 2022, 22:35 (Ref:4122584)   #204
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It seems to me that OP and MW feel Oscar is too good a prospect to heaven forbid have to drive a Williams for a year while he gets some F1 race experience. Good enough for George Russell to drive for 3 years. It seems because the thought of a clearly better McLaren drive was more palatable to Oscar and Mark..... Zak Brown clearly didnt want to invest time and money in Oscar to then have to give him back to Alpine. Zak wants Oscar without ties.

I found it interesting to note that Mark Webbers Management company website makes some astonishing claims given what has happened, and the lack of respect loyalty honesty and integrity is is polar opposite to what he promotes his company to represent.

From Marks business website.
Quote:
.....the company website notes that "our approach to business is based on simple core values; integrity, honesty, loyalty, respect, responsibility and commitment".
Strange way of showing it Mark.

Of course if McLaren manage to pay off Ricciardo which they will, Oscar then has to get thrown in at the deep end of a team and car centred around Lando who is obviously pretty handy.

@ Green Machine I understand that Oscar didnt have an Alpine race seat in place at the time he signed for McLaren but he did had an almost certain drive at Williams. Its the lack of loyalty I dont lack, and total ignoring of the team that put him where he is.

I hope he hasnt tainted his reputation for down the track in his career.