View Single Post
Old 13 Aug 2022, 21:38 (Ref:4122715)   #219
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
im actually surprised Mclaren are buying a driver out...is this an unintended consequence of a budget cap and Mclaren finding themselves with more money then they are allowed to spend on their car?

dont get me wrong, im a fan of the cap (and of Mclaren) but i wish they could spend that money on the car because, imo, they need a lot more of something to consistently break into the top 3....and imo its not the points that Ric isnt getting keeping them from podiums.

on one hand i hope OP could be that more...but on the other hand then would that mean that Norris isnt?
No one would have thought McLaren was going to be faster than Red Bull,Ferrari or Mercedes on any consistent basis.Norris is ahead of every car from the 6 other teams so the car is no dog and is way ahead of the other Mercedes customer cars.
The relevant statistic is Norris on 76 points and Ricciardo on 19 points.After a year and a half with no sign of things improving McLaren had no desire to tank constructors points for another year and a half.