View Single Post
Old 14 Aug 2022, 13:53 (Ref:4122780)   #220
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
for me Mclaren have been massively disappointing this season and imo, the struggles of DanRic dont go nearly far enough to explain why. rather even if Ric had scored 0 points last year, Mclaren would have still been ahead of Alpine in the constructors (or close enough at least for my point to stand). this year Mclaren have also failed to do enough with the new rule set so they have an additional problem.

in other words, Ric's ongoing struggles are just now of much more importance because their current cars struggles (which has kind a been a not much talked about story this year?). both at the same time suck for sure but which one is the underlying problem, the driver or the car?

lot of talk about Alpine management and how they mishandled all of this...being honest tho, not sure i see Zak Brown in any better light here and perhaps more in need of finding a scapegoat?

its sports so its competitive i get that, but even in sports, buyouts are aggressive moves and rare even for the cutthroat world of F1? when was the last buy out in F1?

and Ric is apparently looking for 20+mil buyout???

so relevant numbers for me then are what would the real size of his buyout be and is that amount more or less then what next season's difference in prize money will be?

no disrespect to OP who may prove to be a game changer and i hope he is...time will tell if he was the right answer for this team or more to the point, if this team is even asking the right questions?