View Single Post
Old 15 Aug 2022, 16:26 (Ref:4122872)   #222
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
This assume McLaren knows "why" their car is not performing well.
thats the assumption i to am curious about. unfortunately the extreme nature of a driver buyout suggest to me that they dont know what the problem is.

all things being equal tho, one could surmise OP will be on a low rookie level retainer and a buyout for DR would be similar to wage he would have gotten in 2023...so from Mclaren's point of view they would have been out this money either way but this way they can develop a new driver, one who may bring in points similar if not more to the underperforming driver he is replacing, at the same time.

if i was a more optimistic person then this is a win win.

guess im just not that optimistic about this.