View Single Post
Old 15 Aug 2022, 17:02 (Ref:4122875)   #223
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
thats the assumption i to am curious about. unfortunately the extreme nature of a driver buyout suggest to me that they dont know what the problem is.
I was originally going to challenge that assertion, but after thinking about it, maybe I agree or at least see a logical argument for why.

If the 2023 car was more to the liking of both Lando and Daniel, then you might assume that Daniel might perform better (and they should keep him). But if they feel the car will be evolutionary and maybe still have the traits that challenge Daniel (and Lando), then they need someone else. This assume Oscar is able to adapt better than Daniel. I say this without having any clue as to what type of car Oscar might prefer or his ability to extract maximum performance from a less than optimal car. Could they have put Oscar in the McLaren simulator to see how he manages before offering him a contract???

Or... it all may just boil down to the fact that they are tired of Daniel and the quantity of points they feel they have lost with him over the recent past. And it is just time to try a new direction vs. hoping his performance will turn around.

Only McLaren leadership knows why.

Richard