View Single Post
Old 10 Mar 2022, 14:18 (Ref:4101944)   #90
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Still seems a shame to potentially lose such a strong and popular entry.
I completely agree but I think it's just the precedent more than anything. Everything in P2 that isn't auto-invite is full season ELMS. The ACO will always look after the independent French teams, just as the Tour de France will. It probably also would have been bad optics to remove that second Algarve entry, but I believe they are still full season.

Again in GT-Am you've got some ELMS stalwarts JMW, a movie star + ELMS full season in Proton. Kessel ELMS full season (sounds like they also got flicked for the WEC entry list) and Weathertech who are IMSA full season.

Very little wiggle room this year. I think it's also the most populated LM entry I've seen in a long time in terms of drivers already announced. I think WEC season about to start plays a bit part in that.