Thread: Costs of Racing
View Single Post
Old 27 Dec 1999, 16:42 (Ref:2885)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I knew you'd get more response in this forum. The regs state that if you compete at only one circuit you can't progress beyond novice. When you race you get a signature for every finish. If they're all from the same track you don't qualify for an upgrade.

My point about coverage comes from my years writing and promoting myself and championships. I bemoan the fact that our club championships are not covered in enough detail but if you run in a semi-professional championship you get all the coverage you want. Ergo. There is no national coverage for club racing.

If you look at Autosprout this week (Xmas edition) you will find the elitists promolgating the idea that club racing is not promotable and that we (club racers) shouldn't expect spectators at our events. We should pay all the costs in our entry fees and spectators should be allowed in for free. Make your own minds up about that one.

My point about preparation was that any car (even one thats prepared) should be totally rebuilt by you before being raced. You will then know a) it meets the regs, b) its safe and c) the engine/gearbox etc. have really just been rebuilt not advertised as such.

Back to publicity. The perception given by the mags is that TVRs, MGFs etc. ar club racing. I didn't think that you personally felt that way.