View Single Post
Old 22 May 2002, 07:50 (Ref:292222)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It would be nice, but I fear that they have all been destroyed. And if any have remained then they probably aren't worth talking about!

The 917s (etc...) were greatest on the great circuits, where you could really open them up, like Le Mans and the old Spa.

I would imagine that the current crop of sportscars would be a lot quicker, although it is important to consider the different design constraints (i.e. the emphasis has changed to the corners rather than the straights) when comparing the progress of sportscars.

One thought: What about Brands Hatch? I know it has some corner re-profiles, but what circuit did they use in the early '70s?