View Single Post
Old 20 Jan 2013, 06:05 (Ref:3191644)   #53
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One problem with the Customer Car plan is, what if no one buys the cars? All these manufacturers build extra cars and no one buys them?

Also, a lot of times factories take a loss on the cars and make it up in parts. A team might buy an Audi and then find out they can't afford to race it, and have to pay non-appearance penalties.

I like the customer-car idea, but I can see some issues that need to be worked out.

I also like the "claims-race" idea, where anyone can claim the winning (or nay other) car, but what happens if Audi has both its cars purchased a few weeks before Le Mans? It might have to rush two untested chassis through production and lose out in the one race which Really matters all year.

I like the idea that overspending is limited by the knowledge that any one can claim the car for a fair price, but the little kinks do need to be worked out.