View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2003, 10:49 (Ref:740211)   #18
rossp1
Rookie

rossp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Better still drop me a line at PROCAR ,415 CREEK ROAD,MOUNT GRAVATT, Q4125 and given that you are in Sydney I will send you 2 free tickets to attend the event live.
We have Ferris Wheel being erected on the mountain and it will be lit up at night.
Fireworks at the halfway point[2am] ,Rock concerts and best of all the crowd are much more "user friendly" and you can access all the drivers in the pits including the 3 ex formula 1 drivers who will be racing [and yes none of them are australian.]
It,s a fantastic sight at night from the top of the mountain,watching car lights streaming down con rod straight,with the strobe light on the roof of the Mosler distinguishing it from the rest.[Mr. Mosler himself is coming to the race this year].
Imagine the best supercars and super teams in the world.
Never mind HOLDEN vs. FORD that,s been going on for 30 years now and HOLDEN are getting a little bored having kicked FORD,s Ass for 90% of that time.
I know I was there as Dick Johnson,s sponsor from 1981 to 1991 trying to plug the gaps with a miniscule budget and put up some sort of effort to counter the Generals huge support and commitment to australian Touring Car Racing.
What excites HOLDEN is beating the EUROPEANS,and last year they "whipped their butts."
This year me thinks they are coming back from EUROPE loaded for loaded for "LION HUNTING" ,especially PORSCHE.