View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2013, 01:26 (Ref:3284022)   #66
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The circuit is 6.166km or 3.85 miles

The pit straight is 617m long
First pass under the bridge is 393m
Straight over the Bridge is 455m
Straight Approach to final sequence is 305

The opening sequence up until the first passage under the bridge I'm reasonably happy with.
I'm not so happy about the "concentric triangles" passing under the bridge for a second time before leading onto the bridge, is very mickey mouse, and a case of less might have been more.
I'm probably happiest with the section off the bridge and back under it again before opening out onto the straight for the final sequence of corners.

As to what races on it, in it's current layout only F1 or Endurance racing could be tempted by its lap size, but the "concentric triangles" would likely put them off.
If the circuit were to be adapted and shortened in this same area, then F1 and LMP/Endurance could race happily I believe.

There is also plenty of scope to reduce the size down with an International Link and a club circuit with separate "handling course"