Old 18 Mar 2023, 11:39 (Ref:4147693)   #102
Toyotats03OUS
Veteran

United States
U.S.A
Toyotats03OUS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCT View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this was rather boring?

Toyota was miles ahead.
Ferrari and Corvette were left to play amongst themselves for the final place on the podium.
Porsche was never even close to that.
Peugeot was very slow and very unreliable.
Vanwall was slow and unreliable, maybe but better than expected
and Glickenhaus was as bad and slow as expected probably.

But the order was clear before 1 hour was done and never really in question anymore.

That is not a Balanced Performance between the cars. Unless they changed what BOP stands for.

Same for GT where Corvette just ran away with it and nobody could do anything about it.
Unless that was the desired result as well then clearly BOP is not working there either.

I am disappointed. They could have flagged after 3 hours and it would not have made a difference.
I think it is unrealistic to think that anybody is going to challenge the stablished team in such a tough track right of the bat, is not possible, but very unlikely. Ferrari and Cadillac were very fast, beating Toyota in quali in their first race, that’s very impressive. Ferrari couldn’t challenge because of their mistakes! Not the pace. I keep hearing people complaining about bop, but I never heard anyone say anything when Toyota joined and Audi was the dominant car at the beginning of the lmp1 era, matter fact people would Bragg at how amazing and unbeatable audi was! Toyota can’t get the same love hmm.