View Single Post
Old 29 May 2023, 08:07 (Ref:4158702)   #69
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have to accept that I'm not as enthusiastic about Monaco as others are. We know what to expect from Monaco. We know we're not going to have a 'race' as such so those like me rely on some kind of incident or weather change to actually give us something to concentrate on and get excited about. Qualifying was different because it was man and machine against the clock, but man and machine in a train unable to overtake each other (apart from one or two inspired moments) who have no real hope of achieving anything unless someone in front drops it doesn't quite do it for me. Others are inspired by strategy calls and I totally get that, but other than the Alonso call, I didn't see very much at all strategy-wise that caused me to think that one team or other really got it right when others didn't. It is what it is. However we talk it up, Monaco is just Monaco and if watching cars follow each other at silly speeds around the streets of the Principality floats your boat, all well and good.

My wife occasionally sits and watches a few minutes of a GP and she actually remarked that the whole thing was pointless with cars that are so big. As one who knows very little about motor racing, she's quite astute at times.