View Single Post
Old 29 May 2023, 17:19 (Ref:4158774)   #73
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
I enjoyed the part of the race that was dry as well. Although Max Verstappen's win never really looked in doubt until the rain came, the battle for third was really fascinating to me because they were all on different tyres, and it was interesting to see when each driver in that train behind Ocon would go for the pitstop, and who would have better tyres to mount an attack at the end of the race. And further back, I really enjoyed the overtaking at Monaco. Kevin Magnussen's dive down the inside of Logan Sargeant into Mirabeau was better than any overtake of the first five races, and I was enjoying it being difficult for a change and drivers needing to get moves done properly rather than having easy DRS-assisted ones made. It made the strategic part of the race more interesting for me as well because it was so different to normal, and I also enjoyed having the Alpines so high up.

Another thing that is perhaps noteworthy is that I went into this weekend thinking, 'Monaco is a brilliant track, I will really enjoy the race,' and duly did so. Last time, I went into it thinking, 'The Miami GP will probably be boring,' and duly found it so. This will partly be to do with the fact that I appreciate the difficulty to overtake in Monaco and also find the cars really spectacular around this track, whereas Miami was more about DRS passes which I expected and don't like so much, but perhaps to an extent, if you are looking for a good race you find one (albeit not always; although the slow-motion shots of cars clipping the barriers were exciting, I'm not sure how anyone could have considered Baku a good race). Just a suggestion, perhaps we all see what we expect to see in a race because we want to be right with what we said beforehand so we look for the good of a race we expect to like, and the bad of one we expect not to like.