View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2011, 21:03 (Ref:2929159)   #298
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
As I wrote in my reply, it's a bit of a put-up or shut-up time for anything not WEC related, because that's where all the factory teams and private teams with a world-wide agenda (sponsors) want to go.

I really think that the roles that the ALMS and LMS have in this are unclear--are they feeder series, or stand alone series. If they're feeder series, they might be able to stay as is if they can get it to work (emphasis on that statement). If they're gonna be treated as stand alone series, maybe it's time to shake things up and carve their own niche like Grand Am has sort of done.

It remains to see what effect the WEC will have on sportscar racing as a whole, but this is a transitional period, and whoever handles the transition the best will survive the best, that much is clear.