View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2020, 18:50 (Ref:3996534)   #14
Tanker62M
Rookie

Tanker62M should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
-with a big reduction in gas prices, will the consumer trend to buy more EVs continue? will governments/lobby groups use cheap prices to de-fund alternative fuel/energy research? or do you think the opposite will happen?

I think it's still going to continue, because gas prices arent' going to stay low for a while, and the revenue of many people has gone down as well. Still, EVs are going to remain a minority of the cars sold as long as there isn't a better option.

-with car purchases declining and physical limit on how many cars a dealership/lot can even hold on to, is anyone looking to take advantage of a good deal?

I hope I'll still be able to get one when I move back to my home country, but I don't count on it.

-with the growing reliance on home delivery, do you think you will still need or want a car post virus?

Home delivery can't bring you to your workplace, can't pick up the kids and can't send you on holidays. There are, unfortunately, restrictions on what public transportation can do (especially outside of big cities).

-no doubt there will be production delays and supply shortages, so what will the availability of 2021 or 2022 models be like? will some manus opt to streamline costs and skip a model year?

It's possible , I don't know which ones yet, but we may well see a gap year as some manufacturers lick their wounds.

-is your dealership still open and/or how are you dealing with any maintenance issues? are you ignoring your car's health?

Nothing ever really closed in provincial Russia.