View Single Post
Old 24 Sep 2020, 09:07 (Ref:4006011)   #464
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Yes, WTCR is the biggest motorsport disappointment in recent years. Results seem like a lottery, circuits are terrible and the whole BOP bull.hit takes any interest out of it. Even if I try I can't follow it, sometimes it's impossible to understand the championship.
Eurosport / KSO eventually ran the WTCC into the ground, however they handled another BOP issue terribly back in the mid 2000s with the whole Seat TDi debacle. They kept adding more and more weight onto an already slow car in the corners, when the problem was never addressed, that of its huge torque out of corners. I think the one time they did actually try and address that it was at Pau in maybe 2009 or 2010 (I forget) and Seat did something similar to Hyundai, they kicked up a stink as I believe they introduced some kind of tolerance limit for the turbo pressure (again this is all from memory). In any case the organisers relented (I think!) and they were allowed to compete as they had been.