Thread: 2014
View Single Post
Old 30 Oct 2013, 19:51 (Ref:3325249)   #19
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My impression of the licence situation is that nobody really knows the exact details. There was an FIA meeting in Geneva 2-3 weeks ago where clarification was sought by the attendees and promised by the FIA. I don't know whether that has happened yet but it's getting late for 2014 licence applications.

My understanding is that the new proposal is that a national championship is permitted to have one meeting in a country other than that of the organising body. In other words, a UK championship could have a round at, say, Dijon and their competitors could race on a National A. Some race organisers from Europe have told me that they were under the impression that the "foreign" race had to be in an adjacent country (bit of a problem for us in the UK) so a Dutch championship could not have their foreign race in Spain for example but they could have a race in Belgium.

I'm going to an HSCC board meeting tomorrow so I might learn more there. I just hope that drivers who want to give themselves a bit of a treat in the form of a race in Europe once a year will continue to be able to do so with the minimum of fuss and bureaucracy.