View Single Post
Old 21 Nov 2023, 22:02 (Ref:4186799)   #25
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post

While I'm pouring petrol on a smouldering fire I might as well toss out another controversial opinion. I think the first corner action on the first lap shows why Charles Leclerc will never become a world champion. He is too meek. A truly ruthless driver of the calibre of Schumacher or Senna (say like Hamilton or Verstappen) would have turned in hard. The Championship is over and what's left to do is establish you wont be a doormat in the future.
I agree he was probably too meek given Verstappen's over the limit move. He should have turned in on the basis that it was his right. He opted for guaranteed self-preservation and/or possibly to play the long game and get him back later. The flipside of your argument is if he'd turned in and taken himself out, he definitely wouldn't win. However, he could have potentially stayed in and maybe even wiped out his aggressor. All things considered, given the championship is over and it's time to stake his claim, he should have turned in.