Thread: LM24 Le Mans 2005
View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2004, 17:57 (Ref:1007184)   #48
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wout
You're right Tim, I meant the team Elite Lotus (and THIS was the article I was referring to).

Fire, why isn't it a real GTP? If it fits within the rules it is a GTP for me, old or new car.

As far as I'm concerned, they have made the necessary structural revisions to make it comply with ACO rules, so it was converted from GT1 to LMP-GTP or LMP1 (whichever you choose) regulations...

Therefore, I would consider it to be so as well...

BTW...their website is www.teameliteracing.tk

These guys are committed to making that car fast and to being successful....they feel that the original car had a lot of potential that was never really developed...thus they decided to launch this effort...

When I spoke with the team in the Sebring paddock, they had literally uncrated the car just a few weeks prior to the event and were really behind the curve to prepare the car the way they had hoped to for such an important race....

But they did get some encouraging data from their trap speeds (they had good top end on the car down there)....if they only could've kept the seals and gaskets from blowing....many oil leaks....when I spoke with them they had the rear end completely off of the car and were pulling the oil pn, etc. off to change the ones the blew out in Friday's practice session...

We don't know what their new powerplant will be yet....I can hardly wait to find out...and I hope they picked something that will be reliable....

One American Open Wheel Series!