View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2023, 14:41 (Ref:4187141)   #10
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Taxi, you need to revise your thinking about costs, because two manufacturers having to produce tyres , but for only half the season, would double the costs for tyres for the simple reason that each manufacturer would have exactly the same overheads as Pirelli currently have now; in fact, by halving their supply, their fixed costs would increase the price for each tyre they produce. I would suggest that you are not inputting a true manufacturing scenario; the more that you produce, the cheaper the product; halving production increases cost overheads which are fixed regardless of how many you produce. I know this from managing production facilities around half the globe for 25 odd years.

What are those two manufacturers supposed to do with their tyre technicians when they are not travelling to half of the races, or do you propose that they only have contracts to attend their allotted races? I can't see that going down too well when they are sat at home twiddling their thumbs unpaid.

About comparing how good or better races are with one tyre as opposed to the other make, that could only be done if you compared them at the same circuit, as no two circuits are the same. So that would be an unfair comparison.

Last edited by Mike Harte; 24 Nov 2023 at 14:47.