View Single Post
Old 5 Feb 2007, 22:12 (Ref:1834267)   #4
Stephan2738
Racer

Stephan2738 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spyker had sceduled 3 testsessions, for the beginning of 2007. They allready had one three day test in which they tried several new drivers. I think this was because they had some inside information of Jeroen Bleekemolen driving for Racing for Holland in 2007. He will be missed!
And the introduction of the Speedy Garage team in LMS, of which i'm sure Spyker will deliver at least one driver. They also tested different Michelin compounds and some aerodynamic parts as well as a couple of engine settings. The second tests was to be the Sebring test but they did not attend this test. That's a pitty because now we don't know where they stand against Ferrari, Porsche and Panoz. But that might just be the reason they didn't show up... An other reason is that they were negotiating with another - American - team to enter a customer Spyder GT2-R. That could be shipped to Sebring, do the test and afterwards stay in the U.S.A. with the customer team. Maybe the deal fell through and they cancelled the Sebring test (just gessing actually). The last test will take place in Valencia Spain on 14 februari, also sceduled to be a three day test in which the Speedy Garage car also will participate. I hope we get some more info on which drivers will be driving the two factory and the Speedy Garage car.
The cars that will race in 2007 are the same type of cars (Spyders with a roof) as raced in 2006 but are new ones with the latest updates. Spyker tried to sell the 2006 cars to privateer teams but i don't think that happened (yet).