View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2009, 00:56 (Ref:2510354)   #18
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also I am not sure I agree with the assumption that Risi will need to run to the FIA rules that Mayer mentions in that article(?).
Quote:
However, there’s a twist, as Mayer says the 2010 rules, governed by the FIA, call for various changes, including wider, GT1-sized tires, and higher ride height. There’s also plans of implementing a common ECU for all GT2 cars, aimed at eliminating traction control, similar to the route Grand-Am has taken with its Daytona Prototypes.

As what I read does not imply that will come to pass for ACO series cars. From the Le Mans ACO press conference
Quote:
LM GT2 - 2010

• The current GT cars are eligible up to the end of 2011

• Cars complying with the 2010 FIA GT regulations are eligible from 2010 onwards

• The ACO reserves itself the right to adjust the performances between the current GT2 cars and the 2010 FIA GT2s for Le Mans events

• The ACO retains its independence concerning the homologation of a GT2 car
Here pg. #10

L.P.