View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2023, 21:41 (Ref:4139436)   #67
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
We also don't know how much money GM is potentially putting up. It might be a good bit or it might not be much.
so for sure i am assuming they are putting in as little as possible...which might explain why im on the side i am on!

no doubt any manu can in come and out as they please, so the other assumption i am operating under is that the more money an manu invests the longer they are likely to remain in.

so naturally im inclined to take issue that a brand can come in just for a few years while they spin the IPO machine (like Alfa) and making the minimum amount of investment before leaving. particularly if they dont leave the team in a better place after leaving...and no one seems to leave Sauber in a better position.

but this is the way it has always been like this so why the issue now?

to that i would say with the new set of prize money distribution, TV revenue sharing, and a budget cap which tremendously lowers costs finally puts the sport in a position where it can legitimately support 10 fully competitive (or least properly funded) teams.

just mu opinion but now that the potential exists for an overall healthier grid, i would like to see a healthy 10 teams before letting in lightly funded back markers.

Andretti is a great name though so maybe being harsh.