Thread: Fisi & Webber
View Single Post
Old 18 Jul 2004, 01:08 (Ref:1039348)   #10
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Hmmm, tough cookie this. I could write a 1000 words on this easily.

Although I recently climbed off the Fisi bandwagon (sorry Inigo, not back on it yet) there is no doubting that when his head is right, he is as quick or quicker than anyone else out there.

One thing this forum, and many others, does'nt understand though is outright speed is not enough. IMO Michael Schumacher is not the fastest driver in F1 IMO, but nobody will could beat him in the same car over a season.

I think this is another thing Webber shares with Michael. What he lacks in outright pace he makes up for everywhere else. An interesting possibility though, that will leave one of them on the 'coulda shoulda woulda but did'nt' list.

There are only 3 drivers in F1 that I consider are career killers, that is, will ruin their team mates career. Michael, and these 2. Both have slaughtered team mates, and although the names of Fisi's victims are higher up the food chain, they were young and inexperienced at the time.

This could go either way, and to be honest, its all on Fisi. IF Fisi has finally found that top ride, can compete for wins and is head is clear, he has the speed to put Webber on his list of victims. No question at all.

However if he remains inconsistant, or continues to dream of that Ferrari drive, Webbers attitude, team building ability and consistantcy will overwhelm him.

Either way he will be the toughest team mate Webber has ever had to deal with, and will at the very least keep him on his toes.

In short too close to call, but without doubt the best lineup Frank could get with the drivers available.