View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 2006, 08:09 (Ref:1565855)   #4
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Firstly, Yes Teej, The N Garrett car was a modsaloon/Thundersaloon after it's Grp A life. I'm pretty sure it is the car i've alluded to above. Nigel or someone from CTRC can confirm I hope.

Secondly, Steve, good to have your input. Thats' a very nice pic of a late Bastos car, full front splitter/spoiler suggests an '86 version?

Yeah you're right, it was early '86 that the brown TWR cars were in NZ - but I was sure two were entered. One for Major Tom/Ron Dickson and another for Armine Hahne/Jeff Allam or was it Neville Crichton? I can't remember the report but one of them may not have started?

I'm probably getting a couple of years muddled tbh!

It'll be interesting to know who drove them and where before those 'nice' spray jobs - whether they were BTCC or ETC cars.

BTW, i've also remembered that ex Mini/Metro one make supremo David Carvell drove an RA Potter Vitesse in the '87 BTCC as well. (Possibly the car Mike O Brien used in '86). Now I think that car might have been a TWR car and there were stories that they were trying to get Jeff Allam out in either that one to help sort and maybe even another entry. Not that likelt because there were also rumours that Allam was going to do a few rounds in the early TWR Commodore (a VL, the blue and yellow Herbie Clips liveried car) but instead did the odd ETC event?

Anyway back to the Rovers!!