View Single Post
Old 29 Jun 2020, 08:13 (Ref:3984433)   #5
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Volkswagen ID 3 R: electric hot hatch tipped for 2024 launch

'The electric hot hatch is the brainchild of the German firm’s R performance division. It’s intended to reinforce the links between the successful ID R record-breaking prototype and Volkswagen’s crucial new ID road car range.

Volkswagen development chief Frank Welsch said the ID 3 R is “something we’re looking at”. He added: “I like the idea, but we have to decide if the market is ready to accept such a model.”'

Whilst this is just a potential model at the moment, maybe this highlights one of the trends that may appear soon with EVs.
Hot hatches are typically aimed at the younger driver, and the characteristics of an EV's performance might suit a typical driver looking for that type of car. Coupled with possible changes in ownership and usage models of cars in the future, and hot hatch EVs seem like a good fit?