Thread: GT3 vs GTE Cost
View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 2012, 16:38 (Ref:3019879)   #15
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I have another question on GTE and GT3. As far as I know, one of the main reasons the ACO and IMSA don't want to allow GT3 cars is because of the driving aids.

But John Dagys says about the Audi R8 that "the Grand-Am variant has some notable differences, including a thicker roll cage, reduction in horsepower and lack of ABS and traction control".

It that's true, then how about ACO and IMSA allow these GrandT3 cars?
Grand-Amised GT3s would be slow a hell compared to GTEs. Which I guess wouldn't that bad of an issue really.

I think one of the real reasons ACO doesn't really wanna touch GT3 is, you guessed it, performance balancing. ELMS organizers were asked last year on why were they planning to introduce GTC class instead of full GT3, and the answer was "balance of performance would be a nightmare".

Also, right now ACO doesn't need GT3, GT2 is perfectly fine as it is.