View Single Post
Old 2 May 2010, 21:08 (Ref:2683435)   #29
Holt
Veteran

United States
Holt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi

Why is the 908 so bad in wet conditions-something about the Michelin rain tires that suit the Audi better, or is the Pug's rock hard suspension and inerter damper/J-damper causing problems?
I'm pretty sure its in the suspension, the cars encounter tremendous understeer in wet conditions. At Petit Peugeot had the R15s cleared by over a second in the dry, which is impressive considering a lap is only about 70 seconds, but in the wet the 908s were moving chicanes. Once it started to dry they started to make up time on the R15s again.

I'm wondering what Peugeot will do with their 2011 car, will they keep the j damper system or not knowing the performance in the rain? If the performance enhancement is substantial enough I would keep the system even if it meant getting butchered any time it rained.

Anyways the last thing I hope happens this weekend is rain. Most likely the advantage will be Audis and we wont see the true difference in performance between the cars until Le Mans.