View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2005, 23:24 (Ref:1278435)   #44
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
Not really. What if someone came in and wrote a big check to buy your beloved Indy 500 out from under you, how would you feel?

I find it ironic the IRL community has panned "street parades" for years, now it's looked upon as the saving grace of the IRL.
I think you misread me mountainstar. I think the whole stuation is ridiculous on both sides. I'm actually agreeing with you, which I know is amazing in itself!

I'm one of the few around here who liked the IRL just the way it was, warts and all! I want to see them doing ovals, not street and road course racing. There are plenty of series out there that already do that. What we had was unique and I believed in the vision that TG espoused, but that seem's pretty well dead and buried now. Hardly anything from the original vision is left these days. It's pretty apparent with this LB battle, and Canadian race talk, that the IRL plans to make road/street racing a major part of the series.

I guess I'll have to learn to like the new CARTII, ooops, I mean IRL ...

Danica Patrick