View Single Post
Old 6 Jan 2007, 15:52 (Ref:1808248)   #12
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i agree with duke toaster completely, i am very much against forcing noise restrictors on the cars.

motorsport is an experience, the noise, the power, the sight and the atmosphere these cars create can not be matched, not even by F1.

but unfortunately the way the ACO seems to think "green" is to take away the excitement, and, the experience of motorsport.

at silverstone in 2005 i was sat at the top of the bridge on the hangar straight, the porsche's and ferrari's were stupidly loud, but god did they sound glorious screaming down the hangar straight.

and then standing on the bank at club and watching the cars screaming towards bridge corner's pre chicane, is wonderful.

so i guess this is probably what cars will be affected then:

LMP1

pescarolo judd
dome HS101 judd
courage LC70 mugen
courage LC70 judd
zytek 06S
creation CA06H judd

LMP2

radical SR9 judd
lola B05/40 judd
courage C65 judd
courage C65 mecachrome
porsche RS spyder

GT1

aston martin DBR9
ferrari 550 GT
ferrari 575 GTC

GT2

ferrari 430 GTC
porsche 996 GT3 RS/RSR
porsche 997 RSR
ferrari 360 modena GT/GTC
spyker C8R GT
panoz esperante GTL
BMW M3 GT

although some of the cars i have listed are in the ALMS and not racing anymore, its very sad the ACO has essentialy killed the noise of lemans.

sportscar racing has quite literally lost its voice

still atleast there will be no noise restrictions on the group C historic meetings in 2007