View Single Post
Old 28 Sep 2020, 13:14 (Ref:4007170)   #192
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
this. she had no testing, no nothing. and she’s barely been in a racing car for months.

i can’t be arsed to break down for people how women are expected to be as good as the best men in the sport at their jobs immediately or they’re deemed not good enough. she had the measure of a couple of the lads running round at the back, running without a teammate to share data with.
I wholeheartedly agree and am fed up with some folk who think women are inferior to men or black people are somehow more important than white or that promoting homosexuality is a good thing etc etc.

Jade is a young racing driver with AFAIK zero experience of an NGTC race car. I thought she did rather well. The comparison with Rob Austin is irrelevant - Rob had many years of experience under his belt including a lot of NGTC - that I am not a Rob Austin fan is irrelevant, what is relevant is he more than held his own in the series for a number of seasons and that he got good results at Thruxton was not totally unexpected (although he dud do better than I thought he might). I would wager the keyboard warriors bemoaning her performance would have have fared no better and probably much worse. Having a penis does not make one a better driver; there are several examples of BTCC drivers current and past with such appendages who are terrible...

I hope she has another opportunity in the future to race at this level.