View Single Post
Old 12 May 2007, 21:20 (Ref:1911872)   #340
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4
yeah but my implicit question was why put Courage's admittedly fastest driver in a customer car?
I thought it was something to do with there been just the one LMP1 Courage entered as the second car was being used in full scale wind tunnel tests (to iron out their cooling issues perhaps). I presumed this second car is the one Gounon normally drives. I could be talking utter rubbish of course!

Anyway, I've done my usual trick of watching highlights of the race a week later so I've got some questions. I would be grateful if people could shed some light on things which were not immediately clear in the 1hr 50mins highlights show. Thanks.

(a) What was the nature of the problems suffered by the Barazi and Arena
Zyteks?

(b) What happened to the RML car? I barely saw it in the program.

(c) What happened to the single LMP1 Courage. I saw a brief shot if it being towed.

(d) Where were the LNT Panozs. The driver pairing in one of cars looks pretty hot on paper. Is it a case of the F430 and 997 moving the performance bar too high in the class?

On a more general level, what is going on with the LMP1 Chamberlain Lola? They seem to be nowhere in terms of pace. The team and drivers did a pretty respectable when they run in LMP2 last year (didn't they win the class?). Is the step to the top class proving too much? Also, how on earth did the ASM car manage to take the class win, from what I could see they had a somewhat costly spin towards the end of the race. I know the car is fast but...

PS: Is it me or does the Speedy Racing Spyker look absolutely lovely in that colour scheme?