Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa
(a) What was the nature of the problems suffered by the Barazi and Arena
Zyteks?
Barazi-gearbox problems
Arena Zytek-Engine problem

Quote:
(b) What happened to the RML car? I barely saw it in the program.

RML had a lot of minor problems; for example a snapped alternator belt I think was the first problem, and later I think the rear diffuser was damage.

Quote:
(c) What happened to the single LMP1 Courage. I saw a brief shot if it being towed.
Paddleshift problem

Quote:
(d) Where were the LNT Panozs. The driver pairing in one of cars looks pretty hot on paper. Is it a case of the F430 and 997 moving the performance bar too high in the class?
430GT and 997 are much faster than Panoz or Spyker, we saw at Monza too.

Quote:
On a more general level, what is going on with the LMP1 Chamberlain Lola? They seem to be nowhere in terms of pace. The team and drivers did a pretty respectable when they run in LMP2 last year (didn't they win the class?). Is the step to the top class proving too much? Also, how on earth did the ASM car manage to take the class win, from what I could see they had a somewhat costly spin towards the end of the race. I know the car is fast but...
Barazi won LMS LMP2 2006 title with a Courage C65 (and ASM won at Nurburgring and Jarama; ASM Lola was also 3rd overall in Jarama). I think Chamberlain only raced in LMP2 in Istambul and Spa (where they won LMP2), but they also raced in LMP1, and Chamberlain Lola was one of the slowest cars though very reliable (3rd in LMP1)

Quote:
PS: Is it me or does the Speedy Racing Spyker look absolutely lovely in that colour scheme?
I absolutely agree with you!

Ferdinand Porsche