View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 2021, 15:33 (Ref:4035255)   #392
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
I a noticing a bad declining trend in GT3 at least as far as manufacturer diversity is going. Nissan, Bentley, Lexus, McLaren all have a very very small presence all of the sudden. Went from small presence to very very small presence. Rich are getting richer at this point in GT3 land. Most numerous car on grid worldwide now is Mercedes AMG probably. Only new manufacturer on the way looks to be the Chevy Corvette C8R, with fingers crossed on the Ford Mustang rumor and the eventual homologation of the Glickenhaus.

Want to see McLarens...I guess GT Open and British GT is best options at this point.
I dont think this is a sign Mclaren are pulling back from GT3. They have always struggled for GT3 customers, 2020 was actually their best year in existence in terms of teams and cars running, so I think this is more customers deciding to move elsewhere.

Its also unfair to call Mclaren down and out before March April when all series entries are out, but it is concerning how many customers have left.

That said, Mclaren factory drivers were shaking down a pair of brand new 720s GT3's this week in the UK.